Holbeach are joining the family of Lewisham Schools and celebrating Windrush Day by signing a pledge to tackle race inequalities in our education system.
We will continue our work to address the inequalities that result from historic, systemic racist policies and practices.
We pledge to take actions that will address access and opportunity
for all pupils, by highlighting inequalities and increasing awareness.
We commit to:
- Targeting ambitious outcomes for Black Caribbean heritage and Black and Minority Ethnic pupils
- Reducing exclusions of Black Caribbean heritage pupils of all ages
- Leaders and governors taking a whole school approach to embedding race equality
- Transparent reporting and sharing of borough-wide data trends
- Working together in new ways and sharing good practice to embed race equality in our school cultures and curriculum
- Actively developing high quality relationships with Black Caribbean heritage and Black and Minority Ethnic pupils and their parents
- Improving Black representation in school leadership and governing bodies
Tackling Racism and Race Equality at Holbeach- Action Plan