Our Intent, Implementation and Impact Statement
At Holbeach our school values, ambition, compassion, fearlessness, hard work and responsibility, underpin all of the PSHE/RSE teaching and learning. Through our PSHE Association programme we aim to embed our school values in all our children. The aim of our curriculum is that, through the core themes of Relationships Education, and Health Education our children learn to:
- take Responsibility for themselves as a global citizen, a local citizen and a Holbeach ambassador.
- promote and develop personal safety, healthy relationships, well-being, and confidence, within a secure, nurturing environment.
- have Respect for themselves and others, and explore alternative viewpoints.
- to be knowledgeable and able to make safe and well-informed decisions, having a deep understanding of themselves and the world around them.
- what to do when things go wrong, how to find help and how to support others.
Primary PSHE Education: Long-Term Overview – Question Based Model
By the time our children leave our school they will:• be able to approach a range of real-life situations and apply their skills and attributes to help navigate themselves through modern life
- be on their way to becoming healthy, open minded, respectful, socially and morally responsible, active members of society
- appreciate difference and diversity
- be able to understand and manage their emotions
- be able to look after their mental health and well-being
- be able to develop positive, healthy relationship with their peers both now and in the future.
- understand the physical aspects involved in RSE at an age appropriate level
- have respect for themselves and others.
- have a positive self esteem
To help you to support your child at home, we have put together a set of resources which we hope you will find useful.
RSE Resource Hub
- Big Talk Education: A Parents’ Guide to Relationship and Sex Education
- GOV.UK: Relationships, Sex and Health Education: Guides For Parents
- Parent Kind: Relationships and Sex Education
- RSE Hub: Ten Tips For Talking To Your Child About Sex and Relationships
- The School Run: Sex and Relationships Education - What Your Child Learns