At Holbeach Primary School, we take Online-Safety extremely seriously. It is the right of all children to feel safe and secure when using technology.
We teach children to use the internet and other technologies safely and we show them how to behave in an appropriate manner. They know what to do if they feel uncomfortable with anything they see or hear either online or through other technology such as mobile phones.
We have a simple procedure which we hope is also used at home: if anything makes you feel scared or uncomfortable online tell a responsible adult straight away. Don’t be afraid that you will get into trouble.
As always, one of the most important things at Holbeach is safeguarding your children, especially online, as sometimes they are using online technology independently. Therefore, check out these Top Ten Remote Learning Safety Tips for Parents and Children.
This website has been created to support parents during COVID-19. Each fortnight, ‘Think U Know.co.uk’ will be releasing new home activity packs with simple 15 minute activities you can do with your child to support their online safety at a time when they will spending more time online at home. Click to access
There is support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
• Thinkuknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
• Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
• Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
• LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
• Net-aware (support for parents and carers from the NSPCC)
• Let’s Talk About It (support for parents and carers to keep children safe from online radicalisation)
• UK Safer Internet Centre (tips, advice, guides)