Wider Opening of School for all children in March 2021
From Monday 8th March 2021 we opened the school for children in all year groups. (KS2 – Monday 15th March)
The Risk Assessments on how the school will continue to manage this wider opening can be found below
It is important to understand that the measures and controls that the school is putting in place follows the government guidance (July 2020) that highlights the following as essential measures:
We have produced the following guidance on how we can ‘reduce contact’, ‘distance’ wherever possible and ‘minimise potential contamination’ as much as is ‘reasonably practicable’.
Summary of COVID-19 Booklet
‘Drop off’ and ‘collection’ Procedures
• A maximum of one adult should attend the drop off/collection for a child.
• Parents/Carers are encouraged to wear a face covering where social distancing cannot be maintained.
• Please enter the school through the large black gates and follow the one-way system, around the outside of the grass area, and exit through the black metal gates.
• Parents/Carers must not come onto the grass area. Drop-off and collection cannot be used for speaking to staff (any messages and concerns should be shared via telephone or email).
• All parents/carers must ensure that they arrive within their allotted time for each drop off or collection (not too early or too late). See below for the timetable
• Please avoid parking outside the school on Doggett Road, the road is exceptionally busy at drop off and pick up times.
• If you do have to wait outside the school between staggered starts, please wait on the opposite side of the road or on one of the socially distanced markers against the wall (where possible) to avoid blocking the pavement which results in other families having to walk in the road.
• Older children (from Year 3 onwards) should be encouraged to enter the playground on their own to reduce congestion.
The table below details the new ‘Drop off’ and ‘Collection’ times that will be in operation in order for us to adhere to social distancing guidelines as much as possible.
Reception, Year 1 & Year 2
Drop Off – 8:40am – 8:50am
Collection – 3:00pm – 3:10pm
Year 3 & Year 4
Drop Off – 8:55am – 9:05am
Collection – 3:15pm – 3:25pm
Year 5 & Year 6
Drop Off – 9:10am – 9:20am
Collection – 3:30pm – 3:40pm
The main symptoms of Covid-19 are:
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.